The latest from Connect a Million Minds.
Enter Now: CAMM "Pledge & Tweet" Giveaway
Tis the season to celebrate minds connected!
We recently hit the halfway mark in our campaign to help connect one million young people to science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). To celebrate this major milestone, we're inviting YOU to participate in our first-ever CAMM "Pledge & Tweet" Giveaway for a chance to win cool CAMM prizes.
Participating is simple. Take the Connect a Million Minds Pledge, then tweet @ConnectMinds, the official handle of Connect a Million Minds. In your tweet, describe how you plan on fulfilling your pledge, or how you intend to connect the young people in your life to STEM. The first 100 eligible Tweeters will win a goody bag with a Connect a Million Minds t-shirt, stickers and more. Plus, one Twitter user will receive the grand prize of a one-year subscription to MAKE Magazine.
Read before you tweet:
- Only registered users of Twitter are eligible to participate in the giveaway. Don't have an account? Registering is easy!
- Users must be a follower of @ConnectMinds on Twitter
- Users must include the giveaway hashtag #pledgeandtweet in their tweet to @ConnectMinds describing how they plan on fulfilling the pledge
- User must include a legitimate description of how they plan on fulfilling their pledge in the tweet
Winners will be contacted via direct message from @ConnectMinds with instructions on how to obtain their prize. Giveaway is open now through December 31st, 2012, or when all prizes have been claimed.
Get into the geeky holiday spirit and start pledging!
Official Promotion Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
DESCRIPTION: The CAMM “Pledge & Tweet” Giveaway (the "Promotion") will take place from December 3, 2012 at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) through December 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET or when all available “Prize Packs” (as that term is defined below) have been claimed in compliance with these Official Rules (the “Promotion Period”). Participation in the Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Time Warner Cable Inc., 60 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10023 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
ELIGIBILITY: Promotion open only to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia. Employees, officers and directors of Time Warner Cable Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, and web masters/suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household of each, are ineligible to enter the Promotion or win a prize. Promotion is void where prohibited.
HOW IT WORKS: To participate, you must be a registered user of Twitter and a follower of @ConnectMinds. Registration is free and available at www.Twitter.com. During the Promotion Period, go to http://connectamillionminds.com/pledge and take the pledge, then send a Tweet to @ConnectMinds describing how you plan on fulfilling your pledge including the hashtag #pledgeandtweet. The first one hundred (100) persons to complete these two (2) steps will receive a CAMM Prize Pack (the “Prize Pack”). Additionally, out of those one hundred (100), representatives of Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one (1) Grand Prize winner. All Prize Pack recipients will be contacted via direct message on Twitter. The Grand Prize winner will also be contacted via direct message on Twitter after the Grand Prize drawing. The selected winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than one hundred (100) Prize Packs should fewer than one hundred (100) eligible people complete the above steps.
If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Promotion.
Limit one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize is available. The Grand Prize consists of a one year subscription to Make Magazine. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $60. The odds of winning the Grand Prize are a maximum of 1:100. One Hundred (100) Prize Packs are available. Each Prize Pack consists of a selection of CAMM items. The ARV of each Prize Pack is $10. Prize Packs will be fulfilled within six (6) weeks of confirmation.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. Prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Any potential prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents prior to claiming prize, winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Promotion. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- GENERAL: Acceptance of a prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Promotion if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Promotion as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize winner send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: CAMM “Pledge & Tweet” Giveaway Winner, 60 Columbus Circle 17th Floor New York, NY 10023. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.
TWEET AND TWITTER ARE TRADEMARKS OF TWITTER, INC. TWITTER.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COLLECTION, SUBMISSION OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES OR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION AND IS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE PROMOTION IN ANY WAY.
Time Warner Cable is a trademark of Time Warner Inc. Used under license.